Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is one of the most versatile of the essential oils and has been used for centuries to treat a variety of conditions.
The Romans added lavender to their bath water, hence the name derived from the word “to wash”, lavare. It is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat on the skin.
When purchasing any essential oil make sure you purchase only the highest quality therapeutic essential oils. There is a difference! Many synthetic oils are marketed the same so if they seem cheaper it’s a good indication they’re not real or natural.
Therapeutic Lavender can be used in the following way:
* Sprinkle a few drops on your pillow or use in the vapouriser for a calming night’s sleep.
* Use a few drops on a cotton ball and sit it near your window to help repel insects.
* Add 5 drops to your bath – (add drops to 1 tablespoon of full cream milk to help oils disperse or agitate with your hand before immersing)
* Blend 5 drops with 10 mL of sweet almond oil and apply/massage onto the face or body.
* Apply neat to acne, blemishes, cuts, scratches.
* Can be used for minor burns and blisters. Apply neat every few hours.
* Sprinkle some drops on your dog after washing to discourage fleas.